Wednesday, June 2

Skin

I've been really happy with my skin lately and people have noticed. They ask me what I'm doing and I tell them I don't use soap. They look at me sideways at this point. I tell them I just use water to wash my face. Anyone that knows me knows I love make up and must think I'm insane at this point. I'm a cake face and yes getting it all off is hard with just water but to be honest you just have to remember to use a good primer and not cheap out on the foundation.

I'm still using my Nars primer which I love. It's closer to a lotion compared to a gel. I do sneak in some of the gel ones when I feel like it. For example the Tarte or Smashbox primer. However, I always end up back at Nars. I've recently switched the Makeup Forever for my foundation and I love it. Firstly it is slightly cheaper compared to the Nars foundation and secondly it looks better.

However, I think my biggest thing that has mad a difference is the fact that my mother bought me my own bottle of Mannatech Emprizone. I used to steal my Moms Emprizone all the time when I still lived with them. But now that I no longer live with them my skin was starting to look bad. This stuff is amazing and I am sooooo glad it is back in my life.

We all know that aloe vera is good for your skin. However, the majority of aloe vera gels you find out on the market are really dirty, chunky or stinky, in my opinion. At least when I go looking. Emprizone contains aloe vera, vitamin E and vitamin A. It is soothing on the skin and a miracle worker. The best part is it takes me forever to go thru a bottle, it's all natural and I don't have to use it all the time.


The second thing that really makes my skin happy is a well known product. I used to use proactive as a kid. However, now I just use there refining mask to spot treat. I love it. I couldn't go back to using the full proactive set up. It was just to harsh on my skin. Less is move. Unless it comes to zapping on naughty pimple that comes up randomly.

1 comment:

the janoo said...

That's actually very true that water just works. My bro can attest to it. He had really bad skin and used lots of stuff but just stopped and used water and his face is better. I find a moisturizer with spf and regular cleansing cloths work for me.